CHILDMINDING DEVELOPMENT GRANT
A €1000 grant is available for people providing a home based childminding service. If you are childminding or are intending to open a childminding service in your own home, you can avail of the grant scheme.
The childminding development grant is designated to purchase toys, educational materials and equipment or make some minor household adaptations to assist you in developing quality home based childminding service.
To be eligible to apply for the grant, you should have the following:
- Completion of adequate training:
Children First: Child Protection and Welfare training
- Completion of Notification and training:
Voluntary Notify Longford County Childcare Committee and Complete Children First: Child Protection and Welfare training
Statutory Notify to Tusla (Child and Family Agency, Pre-school Service Inspectorate) and Children First: Child Protection and Welfare training.
Click on the link below to download a copy of the Childminding Development Grant Application form:
You may apply for a 90% grant up to €1,000 for small capital items. To get the maximum of €1,000 you need to spend €1,111 or more.
How the application process works:
- Get the Application Form from Longford CCC or download it from the link above.
- Decide what items you would like to get for your childminding service. Think of the ages of children in your care and their developmental needs.
- Complete the form and submit it by post to the Longford CCC.
- DON’T BUY ANYTHING until you received a written approval from the Longford CCC!
- When you purchase items that have been approved, keep all the receipts.
- Send in the receipts to the Longford CCC (originals only). If you need a copy of the receipt, please let us know.
- Receive your grant cheque in the post.
Please do not hesitate to contact our Quality Support Team for further advice about applying for the grant.
The deadline for applications for 2018 has now passed.
Watch this space for details of Childminding Development Grant 2019.