On 19th November 2018, the Irish Government unveiled ‘First 5’, Ireland’s first ever cross-Departmental strategy to support babies, young children and their families.
The ambitious ten-year plan will deliver:
1. A broader range of options for parents to balance working and caring
2. A new model of parenting support
3. New developments in child health, including a dedicated child health workforce
4. Reform of the Early Learning and Care (ELC) system, including a new funding model
5. A package of measures to tackle early childhood poverty
To read the rest of this press release from DCYA, please click here.
To read the Strategy, please click on the first image, or alternatively read the summary, by clicking on the second image.