Compliance Announcement 2022/2023 Programme cycle:
Following on from the recent announcement in relation to the ongoing NCS compliance inspections, inspections on the ECCE (inc. AIM) and CCSP Saver programmes will commence shortly. These on-site inspections will continue for the 2022/23 programme call and as previously, the compliance process will involve a series of standardised checks aimed at confirming adherence with programme rules and contract conditions as set out by the Department of Children Equality Disability Integration & Youth (DCEDIY).
It is advised that services prepare for an unannounced compliance visit by collating relevant information for review e.g. in a Compliance File which can be made readily available to the Visit Officer on arrival. This will ensure minimum disruption and expedite the compliance visit. It is acknowledged that services file their records in different ways which is acceptable, but it should be noted that records must be available to enable the Visit Officer to complete the compliance inspection in a reasonable timescale. In this regard we request that the person in charge on-site has access to the Compliance File / records in the event of an unannounced visit. Please only maintain compliance related information in the Compliance Folder.
It is important to note, that unlike NCS where the previous 12 months of records up to the visit date are reviewed, for ECCE and CCSP Savers the compliance inspection will review documents from the beginning of the programme year i.e. 22nd August 2022 for ECCE and 15th August 2022 for CCSP.
With the commencement of the 2022/23 inspection cycle, Compliance have updated the relevant ECCE support documents which are available on the Hive under the Resources section. These documents are listed below and can also be accessed through this Compliance Documents (The CCSP documents will be finalised and updated shortly):
- ECCE Compliance Service Provider Guide 2022/2023 – a guide on the ECCE compliance process
- ECCE Compliance Checklist 2022/2023 – a checklist to help services to make sure they have all relevant documentation ready for any unannounced compliance visit
- ECCE Post Inspection Rectification Actions 2022/2023 – a checklist summarising what actions services must take to rectify matters, if a service is found to be non-compliant
- CCSP Saver Compliance Service Provider Guide 2022/2023 – a guide on the CCSP compliance process
- CCSP Saver Compliance Checklist 2022/2023 – a checklist to help services to make sure they have all relevant documentation ready for any unannounced compliance visit
- CCSP Saver Post Inspection Rectification Actions 2022/2023 – a checklist summarising what actions services must take to rectify matters, if a service is found to be non-compliant
Please note – these documents are only supports, intended to assist you. There is an onus on each service provider to familiarise themselves with their responsibilities under the relevant ECCE and CCSP contractual conditions.
The Visit Officers will adhere to any public health guidance while on-site at Early Learning and Care and School Age Childcare facilities.