Environmental Health Officer (EHO)

Are you planning to prepare food at your Early Learning and Care Centre/School Aged Care Service– What should you do?

If you are considering preparing and making food at your ELC/SAC service, it is recommended that you then contact your local Environmental Health Officer (EHO) for advice. For contact details, please click here.

The local EHO for the area in which the premises is located will endeavour to advise you on your proposed plans and ideas. They will clarify any queries you have on your legal obligations under food safety law including structural design and layout, training, food safety management systems and registration with the HSE.