Our Staff provide advice and assistance to existing and potential Childcare providers, to Childminders and those thinking of Childminding, and to parents, on all childcare issues for children between the ages of 0 and 14.
We offer a wide variety of services locally including:
- Advice on setting up a childcare business
- Advice and information for those considering a career in childcare
- Advice and support on Childcare Schemes – ECCE, TEC, CCSP & NCS
- Support Childcare Providers to engage with Síolta & Aistear – the National Frameworks for Early Education Programmes
- Information to parents on accessing childcare services
- Information and support to parents wishing to set up Parent & Toddler Groups
The structure of LCCC is:
- Board of Directors and Management Committee
LCCC staff includes a full-time Manager and a Support and Development Officer and a part-time Administrator and Support and Development Officer.
To facilitate childcare providers to develop quality childcare services which respond to and cater for the childcare needs of local parents and their children and meets the objectives of the National Childcare Investment Programme and to continue to support and work with childcare providers, parents and other key stakeholders at local level.
The board of Longford County Childcare Committee (LCCC) is made up of members representing statutory and voluntary groups with an interest in childcare, partnership boards, childcare providers and parents.
Longford County Childcare Committee (LCCC) was established in 2002, it is a partnership of the statutory, voluntary, community, and private sectors, including parents, working together for the enhancement of childcare in the County. LCCC is the first point of contact for the public in seeking advice, information or support on childcare topics. In 2014, the Department of Children and Youth Affairs (DCYA) launched the National `Better Start Initiative’. Better Start describes a board suite of quality supports being provided to the childcare sector in Ireland. LCCC’s role under this initiative is to identify local support needs, provision of local support and childcare funding programme support.
CHY: 15148 / CRA: 20051549
Longford County Childcare Committee Child Protection Contacts:
Carrieann Belton Designated Liaison Officer
Louise Lovett Deputy Liaison Officer