The Department of Children & Youth Affairs (DCYA) has opened the Learner Fund Bursary (announced early 2017) to Early Years practitioners who have completed a major award in Early Childhood Care and Education at Level 7, Level 8, or Level 9 qualification on the National Framework of Qualifications since the inception of the Learner Fund (2013). This qualification must be on the DCYA Early Years Recognised Qualifications list. The bursary amount will be €750. The local City/County Childcare Committees (CCC) will process/appraise Learner Fund Bursary applications.
To be considered eligible for the Learner Fund Bursary, an applicant must:
- Have graduated with a major award in Early Childhood Care and Education at Level 7/8/9 on the National Framework of Qualifications in 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016 or 2017;
- Have a Qualification which is on DCYA Early Years Recognised Qualifications list, evidenced by a graduating certificate;
- Have been working in a registered Early Years Service prior to beginning their course;
- Be currently working in a registered Early Years Service;
- Have submitted a completed application form (along with all relevant documentation) to their local CCC no later than 5 pm on Wednesday 14th March 2018.In addition:
- The applicant cannot have received the Learner Fund bursary previously;
- The applicant cannot have received any public funding in support of their completing the award relating to this application;
- A letter of eligibility to practice will also be accepted by DCYA providing the individual has received same on foot of an application made before the end of September 2017;
- The qualification for which the bursary is paid must be that which qualifies the person to work in the Early Years sector. (DCYA is aware that an increasing number of qualified practitioners choose to pursue post-graduate education to further advance their practice, but is not in a position to provide funding in respect of this)
TIMELINE FOR APPLICATIONS
February 26th 2018 Applications Forms available from Longford CCC, contact email@example.com
March 14th 2018 Deadline for applications submitted – 5pm
Late or incomplete applications will not be accepted.
The DCYA will make the decision on funding and all decisions are final.