Childminding Re-opening Grant
Now closed for applications.
The closing deadline is 18th September 2020.
19.06.20 Childminding Re-Opening Grants
Childminding Reopening Grant are now open for applications. You will find the application form and guidelines further down this page.
What is a Childminding Re-Opening Grant?
The purpose of the Childminding Re-opening grant is to support childminders who had to close as a direct result of the government restrictions imposed due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
An individual once-off Childminding grant of €1000 per Childminder will be made available to assist with the additional costs of re-opening.
Time Frame – Payments will commence on 26 June 2020. The application process will open on 19 June 2020 and close on 28 August 2020. Applicants will be required to complete their modifications/adaptations or have purchased their equipment between 13 March 2020
and 16 October 2020.
Who is eligible to apply for funding?
This grant is available exclusively to Childminders who:
- Were providing a childminding service carried out in the Childminder’s home on 12 March 2020;
- Have completed the Children’s First e-learning programme;
- Are tax compliant as of 12 March 2020;
- Have appropriate insurance in place for their childminding business as of 12 March 2020;
- Commit to operate for a minimum of one year following receipt of the grant;
- Were not in contract to provide DCYA ELC and SAC programmes on 12 March 2020
Completed Applications should be returned to the Childminding Development Officer (CMDO) in your area by email with the required documents to demonstrate eligibility.